Today it is possible to make profits on the market from trading commodities, such as gold, without having to physically own the metal. Gold trading via CFD’s is based on opening a temporary order to buy or sell an exact amount of gold as the profit or loss is determined by the change in the price of the gold during the duration of the contract.
Here, at MarketsTrades, you can trade gold online, easily, and effortlessly. Try gold trading with the leading regulated broker and enjoy the following benefits:
- Trade gold with competitive spreads
- Make larger trades with leverage of up to 200:1
- Trade on the powerful MetaTrader 5 platform
- Trade whichever way you think the market will go – long or short
- Get 24/5 live client support in your language
How to trade gold
- Open a trading account at MarketsTrades
- Fund your account for a sufficient trading budget
- Choose the desired position
- Select desired leverage
- Open a Long (buy) or Short (sell) position according to your analysis
Why Trade Gold with MarketsTrades
For only $500 you can join MarketsTrades today and start trading gold and other precious metals. You will get access to a range of educational tools, trading advantages and benefits exclusive to MarketsTrades clients.
We offer a range of platforms suitable for all levels of traders, including automated trading solutions. Be sure, with us you’ll find the trading environment that suits your style.
Gold Trading Online
With MarketsTrades, gold trading is easy to understand. And if you have some experience at the forex market, it’ll be even easier. Gold units are measured like a Forex currency pair - in Troy Ounces against a currency, usually the dollar.
Gold Trading Influences and Gold Trading Strategy
Analysing the movement of the Gold price, several distinct factors come into play:
- Supply and demand – Most of the global demand comes from jewellery production and manufacturing (50%), and investment purposes (40%). Increased demand with low supply can mean a higher price. However, an oversupply, with weak demand can drive prices lower.
- Market sentiment – Political uncertainty and/or instability leads to uncertainty in global growth and rise of the prices of the gold.
- Market volatility – When markets are unpredictable, gold is often used as a safe haven investment.
- Currency movements – The US dollar is a strong influencer. When the dollar falls, commodity prices around the world increase. The US dollar and gold have an inverse relationship.
In summary, gold might be the right asset
for you if you are looking to an alternative investment arena or a hedge (reduced
risk of price movements in assets).
Please note that trading in this market has its risks.
Here are a few tips for trading gold:
- Gold is compared to the yen since both assets fall into the category of a “safe haven instrument”. Both tend to move in the same direction and usually you can check your trade set ups by comparing the two.
- Focus on the price action and keep in mind that commodities can move more than currencies.
- The most popular Gold exchange rate is the XAU to USD rate. XAU is the trading terminal’s code for gold.